Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Colby day 3 and 4

Not much to say about day 3. I had to leave after my talk on child abuse. I think it went well. It's such a difficult area now, all bets are off.

Today was great. It started off with Richard Callery going over psych/suicide cases. That was followed by two amazing talks by Dr. Bill Smock. His talk on car accidents and determining the driver was fantastic, I will use a lot of that.

Dr. Tom Gilson did a review of homicide and opened up some debate over the use of 'homicide by unspecified means'. He also a gave a cool review of recent serial killers.

At lunch we had a brief faculty meeting and discussed topics for next year. It's already shaping up to be a good meeting. Come if you can.

Tomorrow is the final day. I have a talk on epilepsy related deaths in the a.m..

So far, this is one of the best Colby meetings I have been to. It has been fun being a faculty member after sitting in the audience for some many years. I feel like a grown up!











No comments:

Post a Comment